The Ares has most of the same features as the Viso II+ with a few specific changes developed primarily for the military market.
- Quick take-off . landing zone altitude offset
- Quick reset to ground zero
- Quick Access to backlight
Features also found on the Viso II+:
- Logbook storing information for previous 200 jumps (exit altitude, deployment altitude, freefall time, max freefall speed, max canopy speed)
- Playback of last jump
- Back light for night jumping
- Automatic calibration to local elevation
- Choice of MPH or KPH
- Choice of True Air speed (TAS) or Skydiver Air Speed (SAS)
- Improved high contrast & wide view angle screen
- Better internal hardware- faster screen refresh to avoid flicker in bright light
- Thicker & stronger case for better endurance
Please note: The Original Ares is now discontinued. The Ares II is its successor.